Help Rename the Savage Cub-S & Win an iPad Air
SportairUSA, LC, the U.S. distributor of Savage Cub-S, Cub, Cruiser and Classic aircraft, announced a contest today to rename the Savage Cub-S.
The Savage Cub-S Needs A New Name
The airplane is manufactured in Europe and sold world-wide as the Savage Cub-S. It’s a callback to the original Piper Super Cub, but it’s a new build, with modern engineering design and technology. And like the original Pipers, the Cub-S is priced right and built to last.
The soon-to-be-renamed Cub-S is a light sport aircraft with moxie.
• 180 hp Titan Stroker engine
• 4.74 lb/hp
• Alaskan Bushwheels & extended landing gear
• 60-foot takeoff roll
• 112 mph cruise
In our enthusiasm for the Cub-S we overlooked something when we introduced it at AirVenture 2013 in Oshkosh.. The word “Cub” is a registered trademark in the USA. Even though many manufacturers of kits and ready-to-fly airplanes do use Cub in the names of their products, that word actually belongs to someone, someone who asked us to stop using it. And we will. That’s why we’re having a contest to rename the airplane.
Enter To Win (click HERE to enter)
Entry is free, and easy. Visit the contest Web site at www.cub.aero/contest. Fill out the form and submit it. SportairUSA will chose the winning names, and the winners and their prizes will be announced at the U.S. Sport Aviation Expo in January, 2015.
We created this dilemma, but it’s an opportunity for the best entry to win a new Apple iPad Air equipped with the ForeFlight Mobile App, the pilot information multitool that displays navigation, situational awareness, weather, airport and other vital information on the iPad’s high-resolution Retina screen.
There are additional prizes for second and third place entries. Here’s the complete list.
1. First Prize is an iPad Air (32GB, WiFi+Cellular) equipped with the ForeFlight Mobile App and a one-year subscription to ForeFlight Standard service for one pilot.
2. Second Prize is an iPad Mini Retina (32GB, WiFi+Cellular) equipped with the ForeFlight Mobile App and a one-year subscription to ForeFlight Standard service for one pilot..
3. Third Prize is a coupon for a one-year subscription to ForeFlight Standard, or $75 cash. Your
About the Savage Cub-S
For more information about the Cub-S, visit the Web site at www.cub.aero.